Saturday, August 27, 2016

Chapter 1: Project: Email, Search, and Evaluating Websites Assignment

Project:  Email
I explained to my Aunt Charlotte how to properly send e-mail using To:, CC:, BCC:, Reply, and Reply All.  My Aunt has been forwarding e-mail chain letters to all of the e-mail addresses in the “To:” field.  I will explain to you what you are doing, and how to prevent it in the future.  My Aunt’s e-mail address:  Charlotte@my.fam is in the "To: field, since I am sending the e-mail to you.  In this case, I am addressing the e-mail only to you, which is why my Aunt’s e-mail address is the only address in the “To:” field.  If you click on "Reply" in this e-mail, you will be replying to the sender.  In this case, you would be replying only to my e-mail address:  JosephRodakWEB110@gmail.com (this is also the e-mail address that I am sending you this e-mail from!).  If you click on "Reply All" in this e-mail you will reply to the sender (which is me), and all e-mail addresses on the "CC:" field (which in this case is e-mail:  teach@web110.edu).  This means that e-mail:  teach@web110.edu will receive an exact duplicate copy of the e-mail that I am sending you.  The “CC:” field is not the original intended and addressed recipient of the e-mail, but it alerts these recipients that others have received a duplicate copy of the e-mail.  When you use "CC:", it stands for "Carbon Copy", and it allows others to view the e-mail, although it is not addressed directly to them.  If you enter an e-mail address in the "CC:" field, it copies the e-mail to all e-mail address in that field.  If you enter an e-mail address in the "BCC:" field, it will send a “Blind Carbon Copy” of the e-mail to the e-mail addresses in this field.  Using "BCC:" allows you to send a duplicate copy of the e-mail to others without the "To:" and "CC:" recipients knowing that there are others that were included in the e-mail, and they also do not know specifically who the others are.  The “BCC:” recipients are never revealed to the other recipients.  This means that the e-mail address in the "BCC:" field will see an exact duplicate of the e-mail that I sent to the e-mail addresses in the "To:", and "CC:" fields.  When you “Reply All” to an e-mail, recipients in the "BCC:" fields do not receive a copy.  I asked my Aunt to let me know if she has any questions.

Project:  Search
I also did a Google Search with my first name and last name.  I then did a Google Advanced Search with my first name and last name.

Project:  Evaluating Websites
I evaluated the Website:  http://www.rythospital.com, and provided feedback for the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment